Recipe by eknecht
Passed on to my mom by Father Kevin Mahoney. Excellent as a side dish to ham or pork. We have it at most of the family holidays- and it is so good on a ham sandwich!
- 1 medium orange
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (or use combination cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans peach slices, drained (or use combination of peaches, pears, and apricot halves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate one teaspoon zest from orange (about 3 teaspoons worth) and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- Heat orange juice, zest, cranberries, sugar, raisins, salt, and spices to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will pop open and mixture will thicken slightly.
- Add remaining fruit and heat through.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve later.