Recipe by Olha
Here's a gem of a dessert from the Richmond Nature Park society in Richmond, B.C., where 80 per cent of Canada's cranberries are harvested.
Top Review by Rayo
This cake was so good. It just disappeared. I added 2 tsp. almond extract. There was 2 pieces left over when i went to bed, but when i got up in the morning they were gone too, and someone in the house must have had it for breakfast! Absolutely wonderful!!
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to batter in three additions.
- Toss together cranberries, pecans and remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Spoon into greased 10-inch Bundt Pan.
- (3 L) Bake in 350 F.
- oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes; turn out onto rack.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Makes 12 to 16 servings.