Recipe by Judith N.
Spread this morning sunshine all through the day - any time's a good time for these coffee companions. And they are just as good with a glass of milk, hot chocolate, or a cup of tea. My sister passed this recipe along to me.
- 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Combine with eggs, baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, sour cream, vanilla and nuts.
- Place half of mixture in a pan and cover with half of the cranberry sauce.
- (Put the cranberry sauce in a bowl and stir it vigorously with a fork so it spreads better).
- Place remainder of mixture in pan and repeat procedure.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Use a 9"x13"x2" pan.