Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I took this to work many times to have at our department meetings. So moist and delicious. My mouth is watering as I type. I added cinnamon and use butter in place of margarine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Pour 1/2 batter into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Add 1/2 cranberry sauce, spread evenly over batter
- Pour remaining batter over cranberry sauce.
- Top with remaining cranberry sauce.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350°F in a preheated oven for 55 mins.
- GLAZE: Stir ingredients together well.
- Spread or drizzle Glaze on cake while cake is still warm.
This is amazing, and easy. Why do I keep buying coffee cake at the cafes when I could just make it cheaply at home? I made this over Thanksgiving when we had guests (so I wouldn't have to wake up early and make breakfast). I used 1 lb of fresh cranberries instead of canned and it worked great! The tart pops were delicious. Will make again and again.
This recipe is soooooooooo good. The cake came out moist and the pecans just put it over the top. I followed the recipe exactly but used yogurt instead of sour cream. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Lovely moist cake. Followed directions and ingredients exactly as written. Thanks.