Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from a friend in Niceville, FL.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Prehaeat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, yogurt and oil. Beat with electric mixer on high for 3 minutes, scraping bowl often.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Put cranberry sauce into a microwave safe bowl and heat it for 30-60 seconds, to soften. Spread, evenly, over the cake batter. Spoon remaining batter evenly over cranberry layer. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top springs back when pressed lightly with a finger. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes before serving.