Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I asked my friend for this recipe after eating it at her house. Everyone loved it, which explains why it was gobbled up within an hour! It's pretty simple to put together and it comes out moist and delicious every time. I've never tried to bake this in a bundt pan but I bet it would work. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With a mixer, using a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate mixing in the flour mixture and sour cream until all blended together.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 cake pan. Spoon cranberry sauce over batter. Spread slightly but do not try to completely cover top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake pulls slightly away from the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile, blend the glaze ingredients.
- Once the coffeecake is done, cool slightly and then drizzle the glaze over the top.
My, oh my! This definitely cures a cranberry craving! I could not find an 8-oz. can of whole cranberry sauce, but it worked out fine because I was able to add a little more than 8 oz., to really bump up the cranberry effect! It does make a nice presentation, too! Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2015 by a Toasted Tourist.
Yummy! Bye last remnants of Thanksgiving! Used half plain yogurt as ran out of sour cream... Also, instead of canned, I used my leftover homemade cranberries! Made for PAC Fall 2012
Great with milk...God Bless America's Milk Cows! Made for A/NZ 35th Recipe Swap. (Used a springform pan and had to cook a little longer, but made a beautiful presentation.)