Recipe by LifeIsGood
I asked my friend for this recipe after eating it at her house. Everyone loved it, which explains why it was gobbled up within an hour! It's pretty simple to put together and it comes out moist and delicious every time. I've never tried to bake this in a bundt pan but I bet it would work. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- With a mixer, using a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate mixing in the flour mixture and sour cream until all blended together.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 cake pan. Spoon cranberry sauce over batter. Spread slightly but do not try to completely cover top of the batter.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake pulls slightly away from the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile, blend the glaze ingredients.
- Once the coffeecake is done, cool slightly and then drizzle the glaze over the top.