Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Clipped from an advertisement that came in the mail.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries or 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a greased 9 inch square pan, combine cranberries, walnuts and 1 cup sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and the remaining sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt adding to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls over the cranberry mixture.
- Spread carefully to cover.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.