Recipe by StaciKelemen
I got this recipe from Canadian Living Magazine and thought I'd better put it here so I can find it again.
Top Review by gouldep
I prepared this recipe exactly as described, but found the dough was very, very dry. I tried baking a few of the cookies with the dry dough, but as predicted, it made for very crumbly and dry cookies. For the second batch, I mixed in about 1/3 cup of water, and that seemed to help produce a more moist cookie.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to butter mixture along with cranberries; stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping 1 tbsp about 2 inches apart, onto prepared pans.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375F oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden 12-14 minutes.