Tart Cranberries with sweet coconut and warming ginger n cinnamon.
Make and share this Cranberry Coconut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries, rough chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cranberries with 1/4 cup of sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1 cup sugar.
- Mix in coconut oil. Combine eggs with milk; stir into flour mixture until just moistened. Gently fold in coconut, orange zest and cranberries.
- Do not over mix.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.