Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Something different for your sweet tooth!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (white works too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in coconut, nuts and cranberries.
- Drop by the tablespoonful 2 inches apart on a greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
This is not a pretty cookie, but it is oh so yummy! Everyone is surprised at how tasty the cranberries and coconut are - plus it's super fast and easy to make - one of my favorite potluck desserts.
Very tasty. Liked that you use unsweetened cranberries. Cookies still quite sweet... would cut back on the sugar next time.