Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, Chopped, fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons onions, Minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce, jellied
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cornflakes crumbs, parsley, eggs, ketchup, onion, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
- Mix well and form into small balls, from 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter.
- Place in a casserole or baking pan.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan,combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice. Cook stirring over medium heat until smooth.
- Pour hot sauce over meatballs in casserole. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the mea tballs.
- Transfer to crock pot and keep on low for serving.
This is a very smart idea for a different taste in meatballs, very good!!!
Made this for a holiday party with rave reviews. Moist and tender. Just as easy as any other meatball recipe. (I forgot to add parsley with no adverse reaction.) Great tasting sauce. I froze the meatballs ahead of time, then defrosted them, made the sauce, put everything in the crockpot and let it go. This would also make a really tasty meatloaf! As Rachel Ray says, "YUMMO!"
These are simple to make and taste very good! I made one change however, in that I baked the meatballs first and drained the fat off before stirring them into the sauce. Brought these to two holiday parties this season and got raves each time, and requests for the recipe. Thanks for posting!