Recipe by kittycatmom
I've not tried this recipe, but it looks like something my Grandma used to make. I am thinking of trying it on Thanksgiving. Adapted from mrfood.com
Top Review by jesheekah
I would use less sugar next time i bake this. I also think that using xylitol and/or stevia would make this much better. I enjoy tart cranberries & if you use whipped cream with no sugar, it would be great. We used cool whip topping & the recipes amount of sugar and therefore it was sweeter than i would like. I used a deep cast iron pot to bake this in the oven & it worked.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened and cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Coat a 9" deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray then spread cranberries over the bottom. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and the walnuts; stir with a spoon until evenly combined then flatten mixture with the spoon.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cup sugar then gradually add in the flour, mixing well. Slowly beat in butter until thoroughly combined and smooth then spread batter over cranberries.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until entire crust is brown. Serve hot or cold.