Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Anna Olson, Food Network
- 4 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam, heated
- Preheat oven to 400°F Toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Pour 1/2 cup of cranberries into 8 ramekins and place on a baking sheet.
- In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over cranberries and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until top of gratin is an even golden brown colour.
- Serve clafoutis warm, brushed with apricot jam.
This was as good as the picture! I love cranberries and this did not disappoint. My sons topped theirs with vanilla ice cream. DH and I ate it as is and felt it didn't need any embellishments. Thanks for posting.
We enjoyed this dish -- it was quite unique and different from other cobbler-type dishes I have made in the past. I am not sure if I made the recipe correctly; however, it did turn out just fine. The texture of the dish is much different than I am accustomed to, but we enjoyed the change. Made for the 1-2-3 tag, December, 2011.
Really wasn't sure what I was doing tagging this recipe EXCEPT that I love cranberries, so... Anyway, this recipe came together so easily & the result, very tasty! A nice, & different approach to pie & cobbler! I topped this liberally with homemade apricot preserves! Really OUTSTANDING! [Tagged, made & reviewed in March Beverage Tag]