Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup light ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl combine milk and next 8 ingredients mix well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the 6 tablespoons of sugar evenly over batter.
- Bake at 400º for 18 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans immediately, and cool on a wire rack.
Very nice not to sweet muffins. Used about 1 cup of frozen cranberries. These are perfect for breakfast! Didn't have any ricotta, so used cottage cheese that I processed a couple of minutes in my blender. Thanks Charlotte! :)