Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good for kids and adults-the later might like a splash of spiced rum!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (not orange punch)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- In a large stainless or enamel pot combine cranberriea and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- reduce to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 5 min.
- Cool and pour into a blender and whirl until smooth.
- Pour back into pan and add remaining ingredients except orange slices, along with 5 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 5 min.
- Add orange slices.
- Serve hot or cold.