Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From robinhood.ca - will try soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 225 g cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- COMBINE all ingredients, mixing until crumbly. Press firmly into greased 13"x9" cake pan.
- BAKE at 350°F for 15-18 minutes, or until light golden.
- BEAT eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter together until blended. Stir in cinnamon chips, cranberries and walnuts. Pour evenly over crust.
- BAKE for about 30-35 minutes longer, or until set and golden. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
First off, I could not locate any cinnamon chips so I improvised with white chips and a dash of cinnamon extract in both the crust and the filling. Assembly was a snap using both a food processor (crust) and stand mixer (filling). I am certainly glad I greased the pan well as these pups tried to stick bottom and sides. I think a plan would be to line the pan with foil, leaving overhang as handles, grease the foil then bake. Cutting would be a lot easier if the whole shebang were lifted out to a cutting board. The filling texture reminds me of pecan pie bars (which I love) and the walnuts stand in quite admirably. Iâ€™m still undecided if I appreciate the cranberry/cinnamon/walnut combo. Surely a variety of flavors going on - my tongue gets confused. ;-) Thanks for posting the recipe! These bars will impress the guests at my Christmas party.
Redsie these bars are wonderful, I made the crust in a processor using semi-frozen butter cubes to insure a light crust, these baked out lovely, I am going to give this a try in the future using dried blueberries also, thanks for sharing hon, Kitten:)
These are very easy to put together and very delicious!! I only left out the dried cranberries because I figured DH and DS would turn their nose up at it (But I will try this again soon with the dried cranberries). I found a new use for my cinnamon baking chips and I am very happy about that. Redsie you have a real winner with this recipe. Thanks for posting it!!