Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very Festive for the Holiday! Very pretty on the table!
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 small tart green apples, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- green food coloring
- finely chopped nuts
- yellow bell pepper, cutouts (optional)
- assorted cracker
- Combine sugars and water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in apples; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and orange rind; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries are softened and chutney has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chutney into tightly covered container; refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, cut block of cream cheese into Christmas tree shape, if desired; brush with food color to resemble branches of tree.
- Press nuts onto bottom of tree for"trunk.
- "Remove a few cooked cranberries from chutney for garnish and use to decorate cream cheese tree along with bell pepper cutouts, if desired.
- Serve chutney with crackers.