Cranberry Chutney with Cream Cheese
- Combine sugars and water in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in apples; simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and orange rind; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries are softened and chutney has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chutney into tightly covered container; refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- When ready to serve, cut block of cream cheese into Christmas tree shape, if desired; brush with food color to resemble branches of tree.
- Press nuts onto bottom of tree for"trunk.
- "Remove a few cooked cranberries from chutney for garnish and use to decorate cream cheese tree along with bell pepper cutouts, if desired.
- Serve chutney with crackers.