Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an amazing chutney that pairs well with turkey, pork or baked ham, I have made it many times in the past for the holidays and I usually make a double recipe using two different saucepans --- this is *very* good!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pears, drained, and each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- in a med saucepan, heat oil.
- add onion and garlic; cook until onion is translucent.
- stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to med-low; cook 20-25 mins, or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- serve warm.
This chutney was very good. I cut my pears smaller. A real keeper.