Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an excellent very versatile chutney. We serve it with turkey, pork chops, and on a turkey sandwich. It is also VERY excellent served cold, spooned over cream cheese with crackers.
- 1 lb cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves in syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- Drain the peaches, reserving juice, and chop coarsely.
- Place cranberries, juice, sugar, and onion in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until cranberries begin to"pop".
- Add pecans, seasonings, and peaches, and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Pack into 4 2-cup jars.
- This keeps in the fridge for 2 months or can be frozen.
I loved this chutney! I put half of the batch through the food processer and then mixed it back with the chunky half, and I thought the consistency was just right. Thanks! I'll use this one again for sure!
OH WOW ! This is yummy ! I will be making this for years to come . Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe !