Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great recipe if you are bored with standard cranberry sauce at the holidays. Also excellent served with duck and wild game.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled,cored,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the berries burst and the mixture gets thick, stirring often.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate.
- Serve at room temperature.
very nice! I'm collecting chutney recipes and this is a keeper. Made it as written and everyone liked it. Thank you
soooo good. i made a double batch, sealed it in jars and gave it out as gifts. my mother-in-law already wants more. amazing on turkey, chicken, pork, ham. i spread it on sandwiches, too!
Very good. Easy to make. I did add a little splenda.