Once again, I have to give Taste of Home credit for this recipe. I have made a slight alteration to suit my likes. I cooked this for the first time last night to take to a Thanksgiving meal we had at work. I have already had to give the recipe to others. It has a wonderful tart/sweet flavor and it is just as good served over dressing as it is served over meat.
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, salt, cinnamon and cloves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, apple and pear; cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- Just before serving, stir in the walnuts.
- Serve with meat or dressing.