Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Not your average cranberry sauce... Perfect with the turkey at Thanksgiving! I got the original from the Baltimore Sun newspaper about 10+ years ago. It is a staple on our table every Thanksgiving and is great on chicken and pork too!
- 1 inch cube ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, m peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Cut ginger into very thin slivers.
- Combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar and cayenne pepper in a small pot.
- Simmer on medium flame for about 15 minutes until about 4 tablespoons of liquid is left.
- Add cranberry sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix and bring to simmer. Lumpy is fine.
- Simmer on gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Cool, put in a jar, refrigerate.