Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My favorite Aunt Peggy gave me this recipe. You must serve this at Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Make and share this Cranberry Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups fresh cranberries or 4 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsly chopped
- Drain juice from pineapple into a 2 quart microwave container.
- Add sugar, cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt to the pineapple juice.
- Microwave on 100% power for 12-14 minutes until thick. Stir every 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple and walnuts.
- Let sit for about 15-20 minutes and it will thicken.
- Keep refrigerated.
Definitely A WINNING CLASS CRANBERRY SAUCE, & so easy to prepare, too! Great with poultry, but it's also very tasty over frozen yogurt, cottage cheese, & for topping off a layer of cream cheese on whole wheat bread! A keeper, for sure! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]
This is so fantastically good!! I served it at Thanksgiving and everyone had seconds - including DH who doesn't usually like cranberry anything!! Thank you Scrivener1 from the bottom of our happy tummies!!