Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living. Very easy.
- 8 (16 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups currants or 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture, place in jars, and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- For longer storage: pack chutney into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/2-inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.