Recipe by Bergy
For your next Turkey, Ham or Chicken dinner try this instead of the usual canned cranberries. It can be addictive!
Top Review by magpie diner
Ideal recipe for what I was going for, and easy too. Made 3 x 1 cup jars. It will be interesting to see if the celery seed flavour mellows or intensifies after sitting for a bit, but fresh from the pot I thought it all tasted fantastic. A few minor changes, I added more garlic, used fresh ginger and left out the candied peel. Can't wait to open a jar of this up on Cmas Day. Thanks Bergy!
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, well packed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup candied peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine; vinegar, water, white and brown sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cranberries, raisins, candied peel, onions, garlic,cloves, celery seed, ginger and chillies.
- Boil gently, stirring often, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars,seal, hot water bath for 15 minutes, good for up to a year.
- You can make this recipe put in jars and refrigerate for up to one week but if you want to keep it longer do the water bath.