Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a nice cranberry fudge, but specialized for Christmas.
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can cream cheese
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can dried cranberries
- Prepare a pan. Line a 8 x 8 square shaped baking-pan with aluminum foil, then spray it with some nonstick. Make room in a fridge for the pan refridgerating.
- In a large microwave bowl, break the chocolate into 1 oz pieces.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk on the chocolate.
- Microwave the chocolate for one minute. Use a silicone spatula to stir vigorously.
- When the mixture is melted and humongous, add the flavoring: vanilla extract.
- Turn into the prepared pan, and then spread into an well-even layer. Set aside.
- In the separate bowl, break white chocolate into 1 oz. pieces, then microwave for 30 seconds. Stir vigorously.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in cream cheese. Cream cheese helps it stay soft, once it has been chilled in the fridge.
- Spread the white chocolate mixture on the top of the dark chocolate.
- Refridgerate for 3 hours. Cut into a one inch square, once you're done refridgerating.
GREAT, GREAT FUDGE! And although we don't get dried cranberries in a can, I somehow managed! Also the recipe doesn't say when to add the berries, so I added them to the mixture of white chocolate & cream cheese, since the red of the berries would stand out more than if they were in the bottom layer of chocolate! Thanks for a great keeper of a fudge recipe! [Made & reviewed in Tag It RED!]