1/2 Photos of Cranberry Chocolate Tart
6 hrs 30 mins
This is a spectacular cranberry tart with a mascarpone filling and chocolate crust! Cranberry topping and mascarpone filling can be made ahead & put together the night or a few hours before serving. Cooking time includes chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into small bowl;sprinkle gelatin over.
- 3Let stand until softened,about 15 minutes. Combine 1/4 cup cranberry juice, cranberries and the next 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan;bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 4Reduce heat to medium; simmer until cranberries are tender but still plump,about 5 minutes.
- 5Strain into bowl;set cranberries aside.
- 6Add gelatin mixture to hot juice in bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves.
- 7Stir cranberries back into juice.
- 8Chill until cranberry mixture is cold and slightly thickened, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 9Can be made 2 days ahead,cover and chill.
- 10Stir chopped crystallized ginger into cranberry mixture.
- 12Preheat 350°F; position rack in center of oven.
- 13Combine chocolate wafer cookies crumbs,sugar and salt in medium bowl;add 5 tablespoons melted butter and stir until crumbs feel moist when pressed together with fingertips.
- 14If dry add 1 more tablespoon of melted butter.
- 15Press crumbs onto bottom and sides of 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- 16Bake until crust begins to set and slightly crisp, about 14 minutes.
- 17Press with spoon if crust puffs.
- 18Cool crust completely before filling.
- 19Mascarpone Filling:.
- 20Beat all ingredients except ginger in medium bowl just until thick enough to spread.
- 21DO NOT OVERBEAT OR MIX WILL CURDLE!
- 22This can be made 1 day ahead,cover and chill.
- 23Spoon cranberry mixture evenly over mascarpone filling.
- 24Chill at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- 25Garnish with crystallized ginger strips if desired.
- 26Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chocolate Tart
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: