Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Shortbread with dried cranberries and white chocolate. Yield of cookies depends on the size of your cookies.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (I use 6 squares Bakers white chocolate)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (leave whole or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mix well.
- Stir in chocolate and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely.
No surprises here. Took this to a maj jong group this afternoon and was accosted for the recipe. I found that the entire butter, sugar, flour mixing should happen in a food processor- and the adding chocolate chips and cranberries by hand in a large bowl was a good fix.. Hard to tell when done. Think it ended up being approximately an extra 5 minutes for me.
Out of idle curiosity, I googled shortbread & all sites pretty much said the same thing ~ a buttery cookie w/a rich crumbly texture that is made w/a high proportion of butter to flour & a comparatively sml proportion of sugar. This is a perfect description of these cookies, but they take the genre out of the ordinary w/the addition of choc & cranberries. I made a half recipe, the yield was right-on & I had no trouble handling the dough. Like other reviewers, I plumped the dry cranberries b4 adding them to the mix & I did use dark chocolate as we agreed. As DH taste-tested, he just kept saying these were *excellent cookies* & how pleased he was they would be our contribution to a *Hot Chocolate and Sweet Treats* family get together this afternoon. We love these cookies, Calee! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Yum! These were simple to make and worth the calories. I halved the recipe and it came out just fine. Thanks for posting a nice treat!