Recipe by Calee
Shortbread with dried cranberries and white chocolate. Yield of cookies depends on the size of your cookies.
Top Review by 'nora
No surprises here. Took this to a maj jong group this afternoon and was accosted for the recipe. I found that the entire butter, sugar, flour mixing should happen in a food processor- and the adding chocolate chips and cranberries by hand in a large bowl was a good fix.. Hard to tell when done. Think it ended up being approximately an extra 5 minutes for me.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped (I use 6 squares Bakers white chocolate)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (leave whole or chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mix well.
- Stir in chocolate and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely.