1/1 Photo of Cranberry Chocolate Scones
Tasty, not dry scones, fast to make, but a bit messy. You could replace the cranberries and chocolate chips with about anything else that you can think of, but this is my favorite combo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, first sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 2Stir in buttermilk and cut in reduced fat margarine.
- 3Mix in cranberries, chocolate chips and first cinnamon.
- 4Gather into a ball, press together and knead 12 times on floured board.
- 5Divide in two pieces.
- 6Grease a very large cookie sheet and push each piece into a large half inch thick circle on the cookie sheet, don't let them touch.
- 7Cut each into 8 triangular pieces with a large kitchen knife, you will need to cut again after baking.
- 8Mix cream, second sugar and cinnamon into a sort of paste, and paint over both circles of dough.
- 9Bake about 20-25 minutes in a 400° preheated oven.
- 10Let cool and cut again into 8 wedges each, following original cut marks.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chocolate Scones
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g