This is a great easy cookie recipe that kids love! I adapted it from a recipe I found in Family Fun magazine. You can substitute the Cranberries and Chocolate pieces for any toppings you like - nuts, M&M's, and other dried fruits - but I really like the combination of the dried cranberries and chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift the dry goods together into a large bowl. Set aside.
- 3Cream together the butter and both sugars, then beat in the eggs. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- 4Add the dry goods to the wet works a small amount at the time until well combined.
- 5Using a spatula, fold in the rolled oats until thoroughly combined. Add in the dried cranberries and both types of chocolate chips.
- 6Use a 1/3 or 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use the floured bottom of a drinking glass to smash the cookies flat.
- 7Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- 8When they have slightly cooled, but are still warm, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- 9Enjoy with a big glass of milk!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Monster Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g