Recipe by Jawats
This is a great easy cookie recipe that kids love! I adapted it from a recipe I found in Family Fun magazine. You can substitute the Cranberries and Chocolate pieces for any toppings you like - nuts, M&M's, and other dried fruits - but I really like the combination of the dried cranberries and chocolate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the dry goods together into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars, then beat in the eggs. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry goods to the wet works a small amount at the time until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the rolled oats until thoroughly combined. Add in the dried cranberries and both types of chocolate chips.
- Use a 1/3 or 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Use the floured bottom of a drinking glass to smash the cookies flat.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- When they have slightly cooled, but are still warm, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk!