Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum! You can sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup chopped nuts also.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup craisins, divided
- Combine flours, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat margarine and brown sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, flour mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, and 1/4 Craisins.
- Blend well.
- Spread batter into a 12x9 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining chocolate chunks and Craisins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes or until it's a deep golden brown.
My family thought these bars were excellent. Next time I will add the chopped nuts. I like that there is whole wheat flour in there. Really yummy!
This is my favorite cookie recipe, and it's so easy! My husband begs me to make these for him all the time, and I try keep a few on hand in the freezer. Baking in a 12x9 pan makes very deep bars, so I bake the bars in a glass 14x10 (the next size up) for 20 minutes.