Recipe by lauralie41
I found this wonderful sounding fudge recipe on Jewish-Food Recipe Archives website. At the bottom of the recipe this was noted "This recipe is from The Loyal Family Circle Cookbook, which was put together by the Rhode Island branch of my family. Contributors came from all over the U.S. (Recipe from: Joyce Douglas)From: Goldtag1@aol.com" and thank you goldtag1!! Another recipe that will be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate bits. When chocolate is melted add vanilla, walnuts and cranberries. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Cool. Cut into squares. Makes (64) 1- inch squares.