Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful dessert, that is served in custard cups. Although I have never tryed it, I imagine that this could be prepared in one baking dish, instead of custard cups.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries or 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a saucepan, combine first 3 ingredients, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly Remove from heat, stir in jam Divide the mixture evenly into 6 (6-onuce) custard cups, coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with chocolate chips In a bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and melted butter; toss well Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over cranberry and chocolate chips mixture Place custard cups on a baking sheet Bake at 350 degrees, for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
I really enjoyed this dish. It was a bit on the tart side, but I liked that (the kids didn't). I did make it in one baking dish and that worked just fine. I couldn't believe the recipe only called for 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, but I think that was just right--you could really taste the chocolate but it wasn't overwhelming. This was easy to put together. I will most likely make it again.