Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Awesome for thanksgiving
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 f degrees grease cookie sheet and set aside. Place cranberries and orange juice in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with celephane. Microwave until warm, 1-2 minutes.
- In another bowl mix flour and cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- On a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until mixed. beat in eggs an vanilla. Add flour mixture until just mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and the cranberry mix.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough about 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake until cookie edges are firm (about 10 minutes.) Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to wire rack. Store at room temp for up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
A-Mazing!!! Do not wait until Thanksgiving to make these!!! These were simply delicious! If you love chocolate w/ fruit in it - you will love these. They are soft and moist and have the most wonderful fruity chocolatey flavor. They aren't overly sweet - but just the right balance. Plumping the cranberries in the OJ makes such a terrific difference. Here's all I did differently - I thought 1/2 cup (2 sticks) butter would be plenty, so I cut that back a bit. I sifted the 1/2 cup cocoa (used Ghirardelli unsweetened) - and I used Hershey's special dark chocolate chips, just b/c we like dark chocolate. And I toasted some walnuts and threw them in too. Only issue - the dough was pretty soft - almost like a nice thick brownie (these would also be great as a bar cookie/brownie, btw...) Anyhow, as such, the first batch of cookies were too thin... next time I'll plan to fridge the dough for a bit first - I did fridge it after the first batch - and then the rest turned out just perfect! These will be made again and again. Perfectly perfect!!! Thank you!
These were EXCELLENT! I thoroughly enjoyed them. I used mini chocolate ships and felt that they turned out great! There was a little bit of chocolate-y goodness in every bite! Next time, I am going to try to cut back on the butter a tad. While the flavour was wonderful, they came out a bit thin and slightly oily to the touch. No big deal though as they were still inhaled by everyone! Thank you so much for posting this great recipe!