Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups craisins
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Pre heat 325.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- whisk eggs and egg whites with extrat.
- add to dry ingredients and mix with electric mixer.
- add craisins almonds and chips.
- On floured surface divide batter in half and patt each half into two logs 14 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Place on butterd cookie sheet abd vake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce temp to 300.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2 inch slices and stand up right on chookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Pretty much followed the recipe right on down, with 2 exceptions ~ I used a cup of the mini chips & I ended the 2nd baking after just 15 minutes since we like our biscotti just a little less than totally dry ~ After all, we seldom use them for dunking! You have a winner of a recipe here & I appreciate you sharing it with us! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my chocolate theme in Comfort Cafe]
Easy recipe, came out like professional by this novice baker. Nice sweet flavor though next time I'll use more extract and spicing but there definitely will be a next time.