Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This was in our local newspaper around Christmas time. When we returned home from our two week holiday vacation, my house sitter had this simmering in the crockpot. It is excellent and couldn't be much easier --- like 3 ingredients.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chipotle-flavored marinade (Lawry's Baja Chipotle was recommended)
- 3 lbs frozen turkey breast
- In a crock pot or slow cooker, combine cranberry sauce and marinade.
- Mix well.
- Add fozen turkey roast (not the gravy mix) with string on.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours, then reduce to low and cook another 5-8 hours.
- Remove roast, cut off string and shred.
- Return to crock pot and mix into sauce.
- Serve on hamburger buns or rolls.
DELICIOUS!!! Made exactly as written. I did use an internal thermometer to make sure I wouldn't over cook it. Thank you, Vicki, for a great recipe-will be especially great during the holidays! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Simple, easy, very tasty and 3 ingredients. What more could you ask for!
We loved this! I made this with boneless chicken breasts because they were on sale. These were a nice variation on the barbecue buns, more like a tex-mex flavor, which my family loves. And these could not have been any easier. Will be making these again and again.