Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Betty Homes and Garden cookbook website.
- 48 ounces pork loin chops, cut 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄3 cup peach preserves or 1⁄3 cup apricot jam or 1⁄3 cup peach jam
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle chiles in adobo or 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Trim fat from chops. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above the drip pan. Place the chops on the grill rack over the drip pan. Cover and grill the chops for 35 to 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 160 degrees F, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the cranberry sauce, preserves or spreadable fruit, onion, lemon juice or vinegar, and chipotle or jalapeno pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, brush chops with some of the sauce and pass remaining sauce with chops. Makes 4 servings.
- *Note: Use caution when handling hot peppers. Wear disposable gloves or wash hands thoroughly after preparation.