Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original of this recipe was found in the Taste of Home, Simple & Delicious, Nov/Dec 2009 magazine. I have, however, slightly tweaked it!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cranberries, thawed, if frozen
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped thin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, then cover & pulse just until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl & chill before serving, with either tortilla chips of large corn scoops.
What a great salsa for the holidays! I don't care for raw onions so left those out and added a little onion powder. This salsa has great flavor from the green chilis and cumin. As written it's not spicy at all; I processed half of the mixture with 8 or 10 slices of pickled jalapeno and that gave some nice heat that was great with the sweet/tart cranberry. Served this with tortilla chips, I think it would be great over cream cheese with crackers too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!