Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love both chili and cranberries...but I'm not to sure if I want them together. I'll have to try this some day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-fat refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- cheddar cheese
- In a cooking pan brown meat until pink, stirring to separate.
- Pour off any fat.
- Add picante sauce, refried beans, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add cranberry sauce and kidney beans.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle each bowl of chili with cheddar cheese before serving.
Had this chili for Christmas dinner. It was SO good! A bit on the sweet side so if you like chili with a kick this isn't for you.