Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is a wonderful dinner to serve family or friends. Great around the holidays or any ol' time of year. Serve with / over buttered noodles
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced very thin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, DIVIDED, enough to coat potatoes & some for mixture
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (*I use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, adds a bit of heat
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, low sodium version
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel potato and slice thin. Place evenly in a 8x8 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Alternately, you can slice potatoes, drizzle with EVOO' and roast them ona baking sheet at 400° until slightly tender before lining the 8x8 baking dish with them and placing chicken over.
- Place chicken breasts on top of potatoes.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
- Note: Optional: Sprinkle sweet potato with EVOO and roast in oven sprinkled prior to layering in 8x8.