1/4 Photos of Cranberry Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This is a wonderful dinner to serve family or friends. Great around the holidays or any ol' time of year. Serve with / over buttered noodles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced very thin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil, DIVIDED, enough to coat potatoes & some for mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (*I use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, adds a bit of heat
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, low sodium version
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Peel potato and slice thin. Place evenly in a 8x8 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 3Alternately, you can slice potatoes, drizzle with EVOO' and roast them ona baking sheet at 400° until slightly tender before lining the 8x8 baking dish with them and placing chicken over.
- 4Place chicken breasts on top of potatoes.
- 5Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- 6Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
- 7Note: Optional: Sprinkle sweet potato with EVOO and roast in oven sprinkled prior to layering in 8x8.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g