1/4 Photos of Cranberry Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This is a wonderful dinner to serve family or friends. Great around the holidays or any ol' time of year. Serve with / over buttered noodles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced very thin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil, DIVIDED, enough to coat potatoes & some for mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (*I use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, adds a bit of heat
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, low sodium version
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Peel potato and slice thin. Place evenly in a 8x8 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 3Alternately, you can slice potatoes, drizzle with EVOO' and roast them ona baking sheet at 400° until slightly tender before lining the 8x8 baking dish with them and placing chicken over.
- 4Place chicken breasts on top of potatoes.
- 5Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- 6Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
- 7Note: Optional: Sprinkle sweet potato with EVOO and roast in oven sprinkled prior to layering in 8x8.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 457.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g