Recipe by AllysaM
Recipe from trustarhealth.com; suggestions pairing with a Semillion or Riesling wine. My partner loved this dish! Very appropriate for a fall meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots or 1⁄4 cup onion
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups peeled and chopped green apples
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease large shallow baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Add oil and shallots (or onions) to baking dish and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into baking dish and stir.
- Add chicken breasts, basting tops with vinegar/shallot mixture; bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and curry.
- Cover chicken with sauce and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked and sauce bubbles.