Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe at the request of a friend who was having a a pot luck lunch and wanted me to make a "different chicken salad". The cranberries give it a sweet yet savory taste. I have made this many times since and everyone loves it. I also made this with tuna and that was really good too. Cook time is time it takes to cook chicken.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or as much as you perfer)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Shred chicken or place in a food processor.
- Combine chicken with mayonnaise, salt& pepper, parsley, chopped celery and lemon juice.
- Toss in cranberries.Mix together.
- Top with chopped walnuts for garnish.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.