Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend made this for dinner the other night and it was delicious. Posting for safekeeping.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- lime wedge
- Slice breasts in half horizontally. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to about 3/8-inch thickness.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Cover loosely with foil; keep warm until serving time.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook over low heat 1 minute. Stir in cranberry sauce and tequila; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately with remaining sauce, lime wedges and coarse salt.