Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend made this for dinner the other night and it was delicious. Posting for safekeeping.
Make and share this Cranberry Chicken Margarita recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- lime wedge
- Slice breasts in half horizontally. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to about 3/8-inch thickness.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter and sprinkle lightly with coarse salt. Cover loosely with foil; keep warm until serving time.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook over low heat 1 minute. Stir in cranberry sauce and tequila; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with additional cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately with remaining sauce, lime wedges and coarse salt.