Recipe by deinemuse
This recipe combines the favors of sweet with spicy hot. So good! You can do this on the stove top in a pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes, but the chicken is amazingly tender in the crock pot.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- Dice onions and mince ginger.
- Use a generous spray of cooking oil in a pan.
- Sprinkle oiled pan lightly with curry powder.
- Add chicken into pan and lightly cover with curry powder.
- Cook on medium-high heat until brown stirring frequently. (5-10 minutes).
- Transfer to bowl or plate.
- Add butter (can you cooking spray), onion and mustard seeds to the same pan and cook until seeds pop and onion browns. (3-6 minutes).
- Place chicken to pot or crock pot.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth (can add more if dry), onions, cranberries, ginger, curry (to taste), salt (to taste), and garam masla (can be left out).
- Crock pot on high for 4-5 hours or low for 5-8 hours.
- Add water or more broth if needed.
- Serve over jasmin or brown rice.