1/5 Photos of Cranberry Chicken Curry for Crockpot Slowcooker or Pot
5 hrs 20 mins
This recipe combines the favors of sweet with spicy hot. So good! You can do this on the stove top in a pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes, but the chicken is amazingly tender in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 garam masala
- 1Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- 2Dice onions and mince ginger.
- 3Use a generous spray of cooking oil in a pan.
- 4Sprinkle oiled pan lightly with curry powder.
- 5Add chicken into pan and lightly cover with curry powder.
- 6Cook on medium-high heat until brown stirring frequently. (5-10 minutes).
- 7Transfer to bowl or plate.
- 8Add butter (can you cooking spray), onion and mustard seeds to the same pan and cook until seeds pop and onion browns. (3-6 minutes).
- 9Place chicken to pot or crock pot.
- 10Stir in tomatoes, broth (can add more if dry), onions, cranberries, ginger, curry (to taste), salt (to taste), and garam masla (can be left out).
- 11Crock pot on high for 4-5 hours or low for 5-8 hours.
- 12Add water or more broth if needed.
- 13Serve over jasmin or brown rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chicken Curry for Crockpot Slowcooker or Pot
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: