1/5 Photos of Cranberry Chicken Curry for Crockpot Slowcooker or Pot
5 hrs 20 mins
This recipe combines the favors of sweet with spicy hot. So good! You can do this on the stove top in a pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes, but the chicken is amazingly tender in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can Del Monte crushed tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 garam masala
- 1Cut the chicken into small cubes.
- 2Dice onions and mince ginger.
- 3Use a generous spray of cooking oil in a pan.
- 4Sprinkle oiled pan lightly with curry powder.
- 5Add chicken into pan and lightly cover with curry powder.
- 6Cook on medium-high heat until brown stirring frequently. (5-10 minutes).
- 7Transfer to bowl or plate.
- 8Add butter (can you cooking spray), onion and mustard seeds to the same pan and cook until seeds pop and onion browns. (3-6 minutes).
- 9Place chicken to pot or crock pot.
- 10Stir in tomatoes, broth (can add more if dry), onions, cranberries, ginger, curry (to taste), salt (to taste), and garam masla (can be left out).
- 11Crock pot on high for 4-5 hours or low for 5-8 hours.
- 12Add water or more broth if needed.
- 13Serve over jasmin or brown rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Chicken Curry for Crockpot Slowcooker or Pot
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: