Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a sweet and tart chicken dish. I found the recipe in Taste of Home October/November 2000. This remains a favorate today.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place chicken in a 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in.baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 F.for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
FABULOUS! Not only are flavors subtle and blend well, but the cooking time is right on...the chicken came out perfect..Since I own a cranberry bog in MA and grow cranberries that I sell to Ocean Spray, I am always on the look-out for great recipes that use cranberries....THANKS! OH, P.S. - also, one of the easiest recipes to throw together..but it certainly doesn't look it, or taste it.
My husband and I liked this dish. The topping has a great flavor. However, it seemed like the chicken didn't really absorb the flavor of the topping.
It made the chicken very tender and great sweet taste. The Apples were a great addition.