Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
My husband loves to make this recipe. We had it for last nights dinner and are going to have the leftovers today, its great cold.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, soak cranberries in water for 5 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved,and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 large carrot, peeled,and diagonally sliced
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and sauté on each side for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Add the carrot and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Mix together the honey and lemon juice.
- Add the cranberries and the juice mixture to the skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover, and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
This is a fabulous recipe! I am a Personal Chef and made it the first time for a client on a very low sodium diet - he loved it! I have made it several times since then and everyone agrees that it is wonderful. With all the colorful vegetables and cranberries, it is also a very pretty dish.
This dish was incredibly easy to make, and very tasty – everyone raved over it. The cranberries and peppers are a delicious combination, and the chicken was so tender you didn’t even need a knife to cut it. I used olive oil instead of canola oil (I didn’t have any canola) – I think next time I make this, I’ll be adding a little more scallions, and maybe throw in a green pepper just to boost the flavor a bit. This is a new favorite that I will definitely be making again – thanks for sharing it!
Followed the directions exactly, excepted I also added a bit of green pepper for color. I loved the way these flavors blended and it reminded me of one of my favorite chicken dishes using golden raisins. My husband commented that it was "exotic" and would be great to serve for company. I served with brown rice and will definitely make this again.