Recipe by Dancer^
My husband loves to make this recipe. We had it for last nights dinner and are going to have the leftovers today, its great cold.
Top Review by Paula Hansell
This is a fabulous recipe! I am a Personal Chef and made it the first time for a client on a very low sodium diet - he loved it! I have made it several times since then and everyone agrees that it is wonderful. With all the colorful vegetables and cranberries, it is also a very pretty dish.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, soak cranberries in water for 5 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved,and pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 large carrot, peeled,and diagonally sliced
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts and sauté on each side for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Add the carrot and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the scallions and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Mix together the honey and lemon juice.
- Add the cranberries and the juice mixture to the skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover, and simmer on low for 5 minutes.