Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Came from a friend...It's sort of sweet but not quite. Goes back to "cooking meat with fruit" idea. Great taste , inexpensive and quick.
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing or 8 ounces Russian salad dressing
- 6 skinless chicken breast halves (legs and thighs)
- Mix first three ingredients.
- Spray 9X9 baking pan with no-stick spray.
- Place chicken in single layer in pan.
- Pour cranberry mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and serve.
- It's delicious!
I made some adjustments (lack of ingredients). I used~ 1 can jellied cranberry sauce 1-tablespoon chopped onions 1-teaspoon crushed pepper flakes 1 cup honey french dressing Served Cranberry Chicken with Vegetable Harvest Rice and Italian cut Green Beans. My Family loved it.
This was good and resulted in very moist, tender baked chicken. It did not really taste like cranberries at all, which I was disappointed by, since I love them. I think I will try it again with 1/2 the onion soup mix, and some cranberry juice rather than salad dressing. Maybe I will get that cranberry taste I was looking for.
This turned out So Good! Very easy to make and tastes great! The chicken was so tender. Great served with rice and green beans. Thanks! I'll be making it again!