Prep 8 hrs
Cook 45 mins
My Mom found this recipe online. It sounds gross but tastes AMAZING and only a few ingredients!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup French dressing
- Place chicken breasts in a glass or other non-reactive casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soup mix, cranberry sauce, and dressing.
- Pour over the chicken breasts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Cover loosely with foil. Bake at 350 F and bake for 45 min, or until done.
My friend made this for me last night so I searched for the recipe on the net. This sounds a lot like the one that she made but she did it a little differently. She said you could use Catalina or French dressing. My son loves Catalina so she used that one. She also put in a splash of white zinfandel to the sauce. It was so yummy! All three of my kids loved it and that is a hard thing to do. I can usually only please two out of three of them! It was such a pretty dish, she served it with mashed potatoes and the sauce was so good on the potatoes. I would serve this for company any time.
I cut this in half since there's just 2 of us so we had alot of sauce to use up. Which was a good thing because it was delicious! I served it with brown rice that I had baked and it turned out great! Made for PAC Spring 2011.