Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Johnston's Cranberry Marsh recipe site. This is VERY good and easy to make. My DH says to please not forget this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- In a roasting pan, melt 1/4 cup margarine. Add chicken, skin side down.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, saute' onion in 2 tablespoons margarine until soft.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Spoon over chicken and bake 30 minutes longer or until done, turning it a time or two.
- (I used butter rather than margarine, and the thighs I used were skinned).
I made this over a week ago but forgot to write the review. I liked the flavor of the sauce. I used skin-on legs and thighs. With the skin, I don't think the butter in the bottom of the dish was needed. They were still frozen when I started so cooked them for longer than 30 minutes before adding the sauce. I didn't turn them again after adding sauce, which allowed it to carmelize on top. I liked the flavor but not sure the family liked it enough to put it into the general rotation. I would like to make it with skinless meat, in which case I might mix the sauce more into the drippings.