Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This recipe is from Johnston's Cranberry Marsh recipe site. This is VERY good and easy to make. My DH says to please not forget this one!
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
I made this over a week ago but forgot to write the review. I liked the flavor of the sauce. I used skin-on legs and thighs. With the skin, I don't think the butter in the bottom of the dish was needed. They were still frozen when I started so cooked them for longer than 30 minutes before adding the sauce. I didn't turn them again after adding sauce, which allowed it to carmelize on top. I liked the flavor but not sure the family liked it enough to put it into the general rotation. I would like to make it with skinless meat, in which case I might mix the sauce more into the drippings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a roasting pan, melt 1/4 cup margarine. Add chicken, skin side down.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, saute' onion in 2 tablespoons margarine until soft.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Spoon over chicken and bake 30 minutes longer or until done, turning it a time or two.
- (I used butter rather than margarine, and the thighs I used were skinned).